Monday 15 April 2013

Sasha Says, ep. 17

"Maybe you should go back to first grade. Because then you would be the biggest kid there!"

"I'm gonna have a LIMBO party for my birthday!"

In the middle of painting the play structure, she hops down and skips off, saying, "Dumbledore needs me!"

Sasha directs me to bury her feet in the gravel pile in the yard, encouraging me to pour more and more gravel on by saying, "Harder! Harder! Oh my god, harder!"

Whenever I ask any question that might be answered with "no" or "of course not," Sasha now prefers to say, in her best teenager voice, "Oh. Em. Gee. -- En. Oh." (translation: OMG NO)

Sasha: "My mom doesn't want me to go to college."
me: "Really?"
Sasha: "She wants me to stay home and be her little girl forever."

"Do you like pho? I do. I also really like... I don't remember what it's called. It's next to pho and you can put chicken and other things in it, but it's not liquid like a soup." Five minutes later: "Broth! I like broth!"

When I asked about a pile of computer chips and sticky notes that's been on the kitchen counter for a week: "Oh, that's my invention. I don't know what it does. I want it to serve drinks."

"What would happen if a kid ate alcohol?"

As we were writing a story about the Avengers:
me: "What power should the supervillain have?"
Sasha: "Oh! Squirting lemonade into people's eyes!"
me: "That would hurt! What would the villain's name be?"
Sasha: "Lemon Squirt!"

"What if your gums were attached and you couldn't open your mouth?"

High fives,
-MP

No comments:

Post a Comment